Index was outside the bounds of the array?

Sm4sh Mods Forums Help Index was outside the bounds of the array?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chillava
    Participant

I have Sm4sh Explorer and have been able to use it successfully for things like character, stage, and sound mods. However, unchanged files are colored either black or blue and attempting to extract the many black ones result in an error stating, ”┬áIndex was outside the bounds of the array.” If I try to do anything involving replacement of those black files, the game crashes. The blue ones extract and replace fine. Is this supposed to happen? Is there a solution?

The HarDe OneThe HarDe One
    Participant

This means you don’t even have the files. When Sm4shExplorer creates a patch it looks at all the files for that folder, ensures they are all available, and determines where each file needs to be found during gameplay. Without all the files this cannot happen. Obviously this means you cannot extract them either. Most likely you only have the version 224 patch files, which are the blue files. You don’t actually have the black files.

You’re gonna need to obtain and decrypt the SSB4 disc and place it (dt00 & dt01) in the content folder of your 224 folder (or whichever # is the newest version). Unfortunately we cannot provide these or the keys due to copyright, but from my own experience enough time with Google can find you what you need.

Chillava
    Participant

I’m so silly. I had those files the whole time but I forgot to put them in the 224 folder. Thank you so much.

The HarDe OneThe HarDe One
    Participant

Hahaha it’s all good, I made the same mistake at first. Just keep in mind a patch is coming, so when it comes out download the patch with UWizard and move your dt00, dt01, and ls to the content folder of the new number folder. Enjoy!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.