Fix Texture ID Issue

Sm4sh Mods Forums Tutorials Misc. Tutorials Fix Texture ID Issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mastaklo
    Participant

How to fix TexID issues:

What you need:
    Sm4sh injector pack
    My TexIDFix .bat

If you have a mod which is based on the first costume and you put in in another slot or a complete new slot you can run in some problems
    so for example you got a texture mod in a new costume slot and you select it
    then you select the enemy as the first costume
    the result would be that both would have the same texture in fight
    thats because it uses the same Texture ID
    heres how you fix this

put your model.nut and model.nud you want to change the TexID in the same folder as the Texture Injector (make sure you have the latest update)

put my TexIDFix.bat in the same folder and run it

follow the instructions on screen and put in a new TexID
    (i usually use the same ID as the csp Number. So i added a new costume it would be 9)

Spoiler:

insert your new model.nut and model.nud with Sm4shexplorer and test it

Have Request? Want to support me? Take a look at my patreon then
    patreon.com/mastaklo

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Midoji
    Participant

Hi ! Thanks for your tutorial but it change nothing for me, I still have the problem with my texture :/

jewlecho
    Participant

Is there any way to generate a model.nud file from a modded texture? There’s a few textures I’ve downloaded but they only included the model.nut file and they are over slots that I don’t want. If I try to run the ID Fix then, it just says I don’t have the needed model.nud file.

Mastaklo
    Participant

you need nud from the same costume youve got the nut
    if the download only contains the nut look if the uploader mentioned which costume it is or ask him
    then you have to extract the nud yourself with sm4shexplorer

patreon.com/mastaklo

jewlecho
    Participant

Alright, thank you very much!

Midoji
    Participant

Is there any way to do this manually ?

pinguijose
    Participant

How to fix TexID issues: What you need: Sm4sh injector pack My TexIDFix .bat If you have a mod which is based on the first costume and you put in in another slot or a complete new slot you can run in some problems so for example you got a texture mod in a new costume slot and you select it then you select the enemy as the first costume the result would be that both would have the same texture in fight thats because it uses the same Texture ID heres how you fix this 1. put your model.nut and model.nud you want to change the TexID in the same folder as the Texture Injector (make sure you have the latest update) 2. put my TexIDFix.bat in the same folder and run it 3. follow the instructions on screen and put in a new TexID (i usually use the same ID as the csp Number. So i added a new costume it would be 9)

Spoiler: <input style="width: 45px; font-size: 10px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;" type="button" value="Show" />

4. insert your new model.nut and model.nud with Sm4shexplorer and test it

Dosnt seems to work for me, are you sure you arent skipping any step? like injecting a texture in order to modify the .nut file, ore chanching the directory on your .bat fiel or the textidfix.py file? because after executing your .bat file the .nut and .nud files didnt get modified (I know this because I have the view on the folder from the latest modified)

Midoji
    Participant

This is my problem too ^^

Mastaklo
    Participant

try to download my .bat agaian

i updated it to have a error handle

so if you get the succes message it would work

patreon.com/mastaklo

pinguijose
    Participant

when was your last update, Dropbox says 6 days ago, if so, then im having problem with the latest version.

Mastaklo
    Participant

the link above is the lates version

make sure you got the model.nut, model.nud TexIDFix.py and TexIDFix.bat in the same folder

then it will work

patreon.com/mastaklo

The HarDe OneThe HarDe One
    Participant

I figured it out! I was having the same issue, it wasn’t doing anything to the files. My answer was to remove “python” from the command line in “TexIDFix.bat” that tells “TexIDFix.py” to change the well… Texture ID. After trying both with the bat and just using ZCMD and inputting the command myself I can confirm that this was the problem, at least for me as I’m on Windows 10. It’s possible the “python” part is required for other OSs but those like me and pinguijose that see model.nut and model.nud aren’t even being modified should give this method a try.

EDIT: For those wondering, to use ZCMD (or right click the folder with TexIDFix.py and the model files while holding shift) the command is “TexIDFix.py model.nut model.nud X” where “X” is the number you want the new texture ID to be.

Midoji
    Participant

I figured it out! I was having the same issue, it wasn’t doing anything to the files. My answer was to remove “python” from the command line in “TexIDFix.bat” that tells “TexIDFix.py” to change the well… Texture ID. After trying both with the bat and just using ZCMD and inputting the command myself I can confirm that this was the problem, at least for me as I’m on Windows 10. It’s possible the “python” part is required for other OSs but those like me and pinguijose that see model.nut and model.nud aren’t even being modified should give this method a try. EDIT: For those wondering, to use ZCMD (or right click the folder with TexIDFix.py and the model files while holding shift) the command is “TexIDFix.py model.nut model.nud X” where “X” is the number you want the new texture ID to be.

I tried your solution, and the ZCMD display a list of hex code… without limit, here is a screen :

Spoiler:
    The HarDe OneThe HarDe One
    Participant

I actually just started seeing this recently, but rarely. It seems to depend on the file itself and may be a sign of corruption or incompatibility. For example I downloaded a Midna-inspired Zelda skin and I got this same issue. So I simply combined the skin with the default costume slot it was based on and changed the ID from there. And Sm4shExplorer kept crashing when it got to packing this particular skin. It’s not ZCMD or TexIDFix.bat that’s causing this issue.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Midoji
    Participant

Oh, yeah, indeed, it work ! Thanks !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.