Complete Guide to set up mods for Wii U

Sm4sh Mods Forums Tutorials Basic Tutorials Complete Guide to set up mods for Wii U

This topic contains 31 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  lexgamer 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Sark
    Sark
    Participant

If you wanna know your IP Adress on Linux, just open a Terminal, write “ifconfig” and search “inet adr: 192.168.x.xx”, or any number sequence like that.

You can edit your first post, to add this. 😉

Okay so I just updated to the newest Smash update. Starting the game normally, everything is fine. But after using the Kernel and SDCafiine bookmarks and then starting the game, the whole console freezes up on the Sm4sh loading screen. How can I fix this?

akuji
    akuji
    Participant

Okay so I just updated to the newest Smash update. Starting the game normally, everything is fine. But after using the Kernel and SDCafiine bookmarks and then starting the game, the whole console freezes up on the Sm4sh loading screen. How can I fix this?

If you’re using mods related to ver.1.1.5 your console will freeze, you have to update Sm4shExplorer dump files related to the newest game version. either using U-Wizard, or just redump, either or is fine.

mpascall
    Participant

I’m havin

I’m having the same problem.  This is my first time trying to install mods, and I followed this tutorial completely.  The kernel exploit and SDcafiine both run as they are supposed to. (Although when SDcafiine runs it says my IP address is 192.168.0.17, when it should be 192.168.1.17.) When I try to run SSB it locks up on the load screen.

OS is 5.5.1.

SSB is updated to 1.1.6.

The only mods on my SD card are those linked to in the tutorial.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Marc

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  mpascall. Reason: typed my ip address wrong
    Mastaklo
    Mastaklo

if you use mods that are packed for the 1.1.5 version it will freeeze when your smash is 1.1.6

Have Request? Want to support me? Take a look at my patreon then
    patreon.com/mastaklo

1 user thanked author for this post.

Okay, so essentially, just redump the files for the game overnight again, and do that for any and every Sm4sh update?

SonicGX98
    Participant

I’m trying to set up Sm4shExplorer, but when I select the vol folder I get the following message:

“The folder is missing Smash/vol/content/ls, Smash/vol/code/meta/meta.xml, and Smash/vol/code/cross_f.rpx”

I am running Smash on 1.1.6, does anyone know what I did wrong?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  SonicGX98.

mikeychipmunks
    Participant

I did everything and it just keeps freezing

mikeychipmunks
    Participant

If you’re using mods related to ver.1.1.5 your console will freeze, you have to update Sm4shExplorer dump files related to the newest game version. either using U-Wizard, or just redump, either or is fine.

How do you go about doing that exactly (sorry new to all of this) I have Sm4shExplorer downloaded and UWizard

awesomelumpy
    Participant

Okay, so, I followed every step of this mod, and I can confirm that it DOES work. However, there are many times where I have Xampp started, Apache started, and all of that going, but either the Kernel or SDCafiine bookmark does not work. It does this A LOT. I go into kernel for example, and the whole console just freezes entirely. And then other times, when kernel DOES work, the same thing happens with the SDCafiine bookmark. Freezes the whole console before it even fully loads. There are also times where they both work, though. Anyone have any suggestions??? It gets really annoying when it fails and I have to retart it five-seven times to work.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  awesomelumpy.

mario13426
    Participant

The strange file is no longer available. HELP!

SuchAGroovyGuy
    SuchAGroovyGuy
    Participant

Just as a quick question, could the stuff be dumped onto a USB Key? Believe it or not, neither my printer OR computer have an SD Card Slot.

Another reason I ask is because I have plenty of unused USBs and realize there are USB slots in the Wii U…

"OF COURSE! Evil Twins and Superheroes Go Together Like Peanut Butter and.....Evil Peanut Butter."

Broman
    Participant

Is there no up to date file for the “strange file” to work on the current firmware? Or has the post just been deleted?

superultramariofan
    Participant

The “strange file” doesn’t seem to exist…

skagewa
    Participant

does anyone know if you need to get the strange file? because it seems to be missing from the mega upload servers

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.